Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MOJO!!!

Happy Tuesday!

I don't know about you, but I still have a smile on my face from Sunday's Saints game. You know me, I hate to gloat, but I can't help feeling a little triumphant given our full-on spanking of the Colts. I attribute our team's outstanding performance to their talents as individuals and teammates, as well that gris gris in the form of the MASSIVE Benz hood ornament hanging from the roof of the dome. I also have to think that the McMillen game day rituals had a little something to do with it. Come closer, let me tell you our secrets:

1. I have to call my brother in Seattle to quickly discuss the game and what's on the menu. Which leads me to my next secret...
2. We have Popeye's before every game. Every. Game. I get the 3-piece spicy strips combo w/ red beans and a Diet Coke. Alex gets the 5-piece spicy strips combo, also with red beans and a Diet Coke. BBQ sauce is a must. Sam gets a mild strip and half of my biscuit. The boy is already screaming "Popeye's chickkeennn!" while he eats. Love that chicken....
3. Prayers for a good game and win.
4. We dance, cheer, and, in general, act like fools to celebrate our team's achievements.

It's been working out pretty well thus far, but every now and then, we need to get some good old fashioned mojo working. That's where Sam comes into play, as evidenced in the clip below..behold the power of toddler belly mojo...


What are your game day rituals/superstitions? I'd love to hear all about it!

Bon week, Who Dat Nation!

Lynne




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design