Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthday Resolution #1

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" picture found at 7thHouseontheLeft.com

We typically set resolutions for ourselves around New Year's Eve, but I want to try birthday resolutions. I turned 33 on Monday and have a few things on my to-do list for the coming year. First up on my list - re-learn Spanish. I grew up around the language and did a pretty good job navigating through Spain a few years ago by speaking the native tongue, but I can definitely use a refresh. The game plan is to dust off the old Rosetta Stone cd's and dedicate at least one hour a week (baby steps!) to them. Wish me luck, er, deseame suerte!

P.S. - The pic is the scene in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" where Holly is knitting and learning Portuguese, in preparation for what she hoped at the time to be a marriage to the "future president of Brazil". Okay, I realize Portuguese is not Spanish, but I love how she totally decked out her apartment with stereotypical Brazilian paraphernalia.  Got to admire her enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design