Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Post on Gratitude

Source: Posters-for-Good.Tumblr.com


We've had quite a week here at Casa McMillen. Poor Sammy boy came down with RSV. Luckily, he is on the mend, but we've been through sleepless nights and a 4-hour trip to the Children's Hospital ER. We thought he had pneumonia, given his shortness of breath and high - and when I say high, I mean HIGH (read: 103.7, 104.1, and 106) temperatures - but luckily, it was "just" RSV.

This whole episode reminded me of a quote/saying that I saw once on a t-shirt - "Too Blessed to be Stressed". I think it's actually the title of a song, perhaps? Anyway, it's a little cheesy, but I like the overall sentiment.

It's been a tough week, but we are still so grateful for many things. Our child was sick, and we were able to put him in our nice car and drive him to a relatively nearby hospital, where he was treated by trained, professional staff. We were able to pick up his prescription for $10 at a pharmacy that's exactly 3 minutes from our house, by car, and were able to treat him and help him feel better, all in the comfort of our nice house. We have so much to be thankful for when you think about it. The resources that we have available to us are astounding when you think about how most of the world operates.

With that, I say "happy Monday"!

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design