Thursday, January 5, 2012

Oink! Oink!


Well, I don't know if I should admit this, but I had to pull out the "show me how the piggies eat" trick at the dinner table the other night. With Sam, of course. He would not go near his broccoli and we wanted for him to at least take a few bites before finishing dinnertime. We tried pretending that we were giants eating trees - nothing. We tried bribing him with the promise of extra play time with train set - didn't buy it. So....I pulled out the piggie card. And guess what? That boy ate all of the broccoli on his plate, and some off of mine. Score! My proudest parenting moment? Maybe not, but hey, it worked.

How do you get your kids to eat their veggies?! I'm all ears...
~Lynne

P.S. - Here's the scene from "A Christmas Story" that set the standard..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design