Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hallway Project

I have big plans for our fairly long hallway - namely, gallery walls featuring family photos, prints, paintings, etc. in gold frames. As you can see..not *quite* there yet, but hey, it's a work in progress.

A few details to note - the floors are terrazzo (hello, '70's!), but I snagged this 10' long wool runner from Rugs USA for $70. Not too bad for a natural fiber rug of that length.  I love that it provides texture, comfort under foot, and a graphic kick to the hallway. I also think the light blue & off white chevron complements the cream colored walls (BM French Canvas). 




I want the pieces chosen for the walls to tell a story about our life as a family, as well as our passions and interests. One of them is, of course, our hometown of New Orleans. I picked up the fleur de lis at Garden Gate on Metairie Road - truly delightful shop - and just wrote the "laissez les bon temps rouler" quote on card stock and popped it into an old, generic frame that I spray-painted a muted gold. 


The Jen Ramos "LOVE" print and pic of Sam dancing in City Park are right outside of our bedroom. I smile every time I look at that picture of Sam - pure joy!



The hallway doesn't get much light, but in the evening, as the sun is starting to set, it practically glows, which is why I wanted to focus on frames in various shades of gold. I hope you enjoyed this mini-home tour. More to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design