Monday, July 13, 2009


it's the final countdown...to 30, that is. 10 more days. i'm feeling really good about turning the big 3-0. and sammy boy is excited, too. he told me so. he's really excited about the cake i decided to make for myself.




it's from smitten kitchen, one of the food sites that i visit, but then stupidly forget to make any of the recipes. not this time, my friends. no way, no day am i passing this beauty up.

sadly, i won't be able to share w/ you guys, since, well, you live far away, but i'll let you know how it goes after i've eaten the whole thing in one sitting. mwaahahaha..

3 comments:

  1. That is a very cute cake. I am going to want an update on how yours turns out, with pictures please. I made a cake recently and while it tasted delicious the frosting turned out to be a strange khaki color. And the "Happy Birthday Darryl" on top looked like one of those "are you a human" tests that I have previously mentioned here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it. khaki frosting. that was intentional, right?! ;) that's always my excuse - "uh, i totally meant to do that..." i will take lots of pics - wish me luck - i, too, have had bad luck in the cake making department. i've made alex birthday cakes for a few years now and they are always..well...store bought is sometimes best, but hopefully this recipe is my golden ticket to deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. I just wanted to take a big bite out of that cake, good choice!

    ReplyDelete

 
custom blog design